Tuesday, December 13, 2011

PRAISE AND PRAYER AUGUST 2011




God's Healing Garden is going forward!

PRAISE AND PRAYER AUGUST 2011

PRAISES!

1) The Healing Garden is moving forward at a better pace with more committee participation! Most plants that are in are surviving so far, except for a few attacked by termites (white ants as they say...big problem here).

2) My electric and water issues are back to the norm...just missing service here and there as usual versus all the bigger issues I was having last month. PTL!

3) That God has continued to raise up more partners in this adventure He has us on! We are heading in the right direction...I also received enough School Scholarship funds last month that will help 5 students go to Secondary School (high school...which is not free for the student in this country) this next school season. This is VERY exciting! God is good! I also received some support towards the Malaria program. Little by little it is coming together. Thank you!

PRAYER

1) That God would raise up a team of supporters to send me to the Water Technology courses at Equip this Fall. To be able to learn how to drill wells, about water pumps and repair as well as how do build and use water filtration systems and more, would be of great benefit here in Malawi!
In the villages I serve (about 7), there is an average of 1 water pump bore hole for about every 160 people. Many have to go long distances to get this water. Just last week, there were 2 pumps that stopped working and already there are 4 pumps not working in these areas.
Local water is not readily available for our garden. I bring bottles and containers full each time I go to the village garden and others haul a container on their heads or bike from a long distance. The need to have water access there is great!

Time is short and the need to confirm attendance as well as get my airline tickets to head back to the States is NOW. If you feel led to help me get to these classes, please send your donation to the address below @ Equip (on line takes a month or so for the 1st one to process, so not a good option for this event). If you would like to let them at Equip know it is on its way so we can plan, please call them at the number below. Kathe is our finance person there keeping tabs on ths for me. Thanks!

2) That everything I need to do before I head back to the States, will get done in a timely manner and I will not leave out anything of importance. Preparations to leave a home and security staff running while I'm away is new to me. Also to set up those students that will blessed with the scholarship funds.

3) That the political tension in this country will be resolved and no more lives be lost due to bad governmental actions. About 20 people (including a 13 year old) lost their lives last month due to Police shootings when there were demonstrations. Many others injured or abused.
There were riots because of the brutality that happened in the peaceful demonstrations that the government had approved then changed their minds the day of the events. The current president/government is making extremely poor choices that have caused many problems here.
There are more demonstrations planned this month. Please join me in prayer as these people are being terribly oppressed and are finally speaking up. Change needs to happen within the government...but not at the loss of lives.
I get warnings from our US Embassy in Malawi when these demonstrations are to happen. We are told to stay away from certain areas and often have to stay in for days at a time. Please also pray for my safety! My area doesn't seem to be an area of concern, but other areas I travel have been. Thanks!

4) That I would not lose my focus on why I am here....to serve our awesome God and share Christ's love to the oppressed, poor, orphaned and widowed. That I remember to spend time with Him daily above all and not get to busy!

Please pray and if you feel led to help support what God is doing in

Malawi as I work on Community Health issues and projects, Please send

your tax-deductible donation to.


Equip Inc. 828-738-3891

(Tammy Tice or #020060 in memo) and send to

P.O. Box 1126, Marion, NC 28752

No comments:

Post a Comment