Tuesday, December 13, 2011

PRAISE AND PRAYER MAY 2011

PRAISE

1) That the village Medicinal garden has grounds cleared (a huge challenge with lots of labor and sweat in hot weather), areas leveled and our 1st plantings all the way around the border (Lemon grass). Also that we have a young man (Callen, one of the after school program teachers) involved in the garden project and sees the vision and excitement for this community health garden. BIG PRAISE!

2) That many people in the villages I am working in, are beginning to hear about the Moringa tree and the health benefits of using the leaves and pods/seeds for high nutrition. Callen has been with me to translate the values and information about this amazing tree. There are some Moringa trees through out these villages that are ready for the picking. More trees to come.

3) That I was able to spend time with the majority of the committee after teaching them how to make the Neem ointment (cure for many skin problems and fungus's). The were excited to learn and have plans to teach people back in their own villages. They expressed their thankfulness and appreciation of the time and teachings of how to make this great stuff. I heard them talk of how they will find a way for each of them to contribute to make another batch for the remainder of the group that wasn't there as they teach others....THIS REALLY IS A GREAT GROUP!

PRAYER

1) That God would raise up more ministry partners to support me financially. I was unable to report my work funds for reimbursement last month due to a low $ base in my ministry account. I can no longer fill in the shortfall with my personal money.

2) That God would raise up partners to join in the 2 projects we currently are trying to raise support on (Secondary School Education Scholarship program and the Malaria Prevention, Protection and Cure). So far in 2 months, only one person has contributed.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment