Tuesday, December 13, 2011

PRAISE AND PRAYER JUNE 2011

PRAISE AND PRAYER!

PRAISE:

1) For a couple of people that sent in special gifts towards the ministry here in Malawi. PTL!
This is a good start for trying to catch up on past reimbursements.....much more needed, but at least the right direction.

2) For a couple good days with the committee from the villages. One day specifically, I was able to spend hours with a few of the ladies as we were seeking to get cow manure for our healing garden. This is very hard to come by in the area in which I live now for some reason...I have only found one family (through the chief and helper - Callen) that has cows...We were sitting on a matt, chatting with the cow owner family and neighbors (they in Chichewa, so I was able to listen in a lot to hear the language better) and getting to know the owners better. These owners gave us a few bags free and charged us a low price on 8 more 50kg bags. It was interesting to watch these ladies go to work in the corral where the cows and bulls were (with the male owner inside too). They went to work hard and fast...lol

I had my BP cuff with me in the car and the owner was complaining about her high blood pressure. So I was able to check it for her, and then all the ladies and 2 men all wanted theirs checked. It really was a good time and they were all sharing their good and bad BP's with each other. I gave some suggestions on how to lower them and also why others may have had such good pressures (my ministry partner Ken translated for me).
Another day a few of the committee members came together and then went for a hike to collect large grasses for the garden wall.

3) For the many groundnuts (peanuts), produce (pumpkins and tomatoes mostly) and egg gifts I receive from people that are showing their appreciation and thanks for the help I am giving! One day I had received 2 bags of tomatoes from different people, a large buckets worth of peanuts, and 6 fresh eggs (these from the cow people). I often have to share them with my workers....as there are too many for me to eat in the short shelf life some have. (*_*)

PRAYER:

1) That I will continue to build good relationships with the committee and other villagers as I am in the village often. More and more kids (and adults now..hehe) are yelling Auntie Tammy, Auntie Tammy as I go through the roads deeper into the villages. It's funny, because somebody had to teach them that and they don't speak English in these areas. The word Aunt isn't used in their families either, as they use the words older or younger mother instead.
I stop in a couple areas, as the kids look forward to our hand shakes, high fives and greetings. One girl will now say for me to the other kids.."watch your toes, watch your toes"...as this is what I will say so I can get them to back away before my car starts rolling again. (*_*) ..." A couple girls now through me kisses as I did that to one girl that is special to me a while back...it's so precious!

2) That God will raise up and army of supporters to help me in all that I am doing here. It cost soooooo much to go to and from the village each week. I want to keep the momentum and get in there as often as possible, but this money/gas issue it taking its toll!

3) That my daughter will find work to make enough to make ends meet and still be able to have her daughter with her. Their single income family is not working after the birth of my grand daughter and previously having a double income. She studied well for Medical Transcriptioning, but can not find work after getting her business license and all the equipment that she will use. This was a "stay at home" job plan. They are going into debt to easily and it will play a toll on their marriage. She has been such a blessing for me on that side to get things dealt with and taken care of....I pray she is blessed for all the work she does for me as I serve here! Don't know how I could have dealt with so many issues without her! She also sends out a monthly prayer and praise email to my email readers/supporters.

4) That my health remains well the rest of this term. I was bitten by either a spider, bug or mosquito over 21 times the other night on my neck, arms and upper back. Am hoping it wasn't a Malaria infected one if it was a mosquito!

Take care and I'll see you guys in October..Lord willing if I can afford the water courses!


Serving Him with Joy and Thanksgiving in Malawi Africa!

~Tammy~

No comments:

Post a Comment